Utilization of your network connection, along with the utilization of any other DeSales University computing equipment, is governed by the policies set forth in the document entitled: DeSales University Computing Use Policy . You will be asked to agree to this policy at the time you first connect to RESNET.
Key points to note:
1. You are personally responsible for all use of your computer and network connection and you will be held accountable for any violations that occur involving your computer, a computer that you authenticated for some one else, and/or network connection. You should only allow others to use your computer with the full understanding of the consequences of such actions.
2. Granting access to DeSales University resources to individuals external to the University through your network connection is strictly prohibited.
3. You will not use your network connection for personal or financial gain.
4. You will not generate excessive network traffic (for example, weekly traffic in excess of 2GB).
5. As a RESNET participant, you are authorized to connect a single computer to a single network wall jack. Wiring and/or jacks may not be altered or extended beyond the location of their intended use.
6. You must not attempt to masquerade as another user or attempt to monitor network traffic in any manner.
7. You will not register any non-DeSales.EDU domain name pointing to an DeSales University IP (Internet Protocol) address.
8. You will not use any IP address except that which is assigned to your computer.
9. The University's Network Support Staff reserves the right to change your IP address as needed; it will change whenever you move.
10. It is required that you use bootp/dhcp for all software and system configurations.
11. All servers (World-Wide Web,ftp, etc.) must be approved by University Support Staff -prior to Implementation. Students who administer computers that are used as servers accept full responsibility for server content and any violations involving that server which occur. Avoid copyright infringement!
12. You are personally responsible for installing all security patches that may become available for whatever operating system you are using.
13. The distribution of MP3 and other digital audio/video files is forbidden without written consent of the copyright owner. Copyright infringement is illegal!
14. DeSales University Network Support Staff reserves the right to place enhancements and links to RESNET administrative tools on your computer.
15. As a RESNET participant, you are required to have a current anti virus program protecting your PC and to keep the virus definitions up to date.