The following steps will explain how the automated registration procedure will work.
1. You will need to have your DeSales University e-mail User Name and password before you attempt to connect to RESNET. Freshman will find this information in their campus mailbox. Returning students who don't remember their user name and/or password will need to contact Helpdesk at 610-282-1100 Ext 4357.
2. You will need to have either an Ethernet adapter card already installed in your computer, or you will need to install an Ethernet adapter before attempting to connect to RESNET. An RJ45 Ethernet patch cord will also be needed to connect your computer to the wall jack. Ethernet adapters and patch cords can be purchased at the Campus Bookstore or at any computer retailer. Please view the RESNET website either from home or from one of the University's public computer labs, for specific information on what kind of Ethernet adapter to buy and how to install and configure the adapter in your computer
3. Plug your Ethernet Cable into an available RESNET Jack C or D, and turn on your computer. Each residence hall room has only two ports, one per student.
4. Start your web browser (Netscape or Internet Explorer) and it should open to the DeSales University RESNET registration website automatically. If this page does not open automatically try connecting to http://netreg.desales.edu/.
5. This page will request a User Name and Password. Type in your Desales e-mail User Name and Password for authentication: Example- User Name: abc0 Password: 123456.
6. After carefully reading the RESNET Acceptable Use Policy Statement on the web page, select the Accept button at the bottom of the page to electronically sign and complete the registration process. Note: an electronic signature is the same as a written signature, and you will be held responsible for your actions should RESNET policy not be followed. Please register only one computer per user name. If you have a second computer that needs a RESNET connection please contact the Help Desk at 610-282-1100 Ext 4357.
7. If the above steps are completed successfully your web browser will display the message, Registration complete please reboot your machine, at this point shutdown your computer and restart. However, if you receive an error message, other than bad user name or password, please stop what you're doing and contact the Helpdesk at 610-282-1100 Ext 4357 during the hours of 7am - 6pm M-F. If you have problems with your user name and password, please refer to step1.