- 2 onions, thinly sliced or chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium green peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium (about 1.25 lb) eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- Crushed red pepper
Heat 1.5 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
Add the onions, garlic and peppers and cook until soft.
Heat 1.5 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
Sauté eggplant, zucchini and squash in batches (add more oil each time) until lightly browned on all sides.
Add each sautéed batch to the large pot as they’re browned.
Add tomatoes, herbs and salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes.
Fat: 0.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 20 mg
Carbs: 14.4 g
Fiber: 4.9 g
Protein: 2.9 g