- 1 large green or red bell pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, halved, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted, quartered
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Char pepper over gas flame or in broiler until blackened. Enclose the roasted pepper in a plastic bag for 15 minutes.
Peel, seed, and cut pepper into 1/3-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onion, and parsley. Whisk oil and lemon juice in a small bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper, then mix into vegetables.
Let vegetables marinate at least 15 minutes before serving (can be made 3 hours in advance).
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 377 mg
Carbs: 10 g
Fiber: 3.4 g
Protein: 1.4 g