- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Egg Beaters (equivalent to 6 eggs)
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Neufchatel cheese, diced
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large oven-proof skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and garlic; saute until tender. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and cream. Stir in cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
Add bread cubes to the pan with the vegetables. Pour egg and cheese mixture into pan. Season with salt and pepper and gently stir.
Bake in preheated oven for one hour or until center is set. Serve hot or cold. Also good the next day.
Fat: 22.6 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 52.8 mg
Sodium: 756 mg
Carbs: 18.1 g
Fiber: 82.3 g
Protein: 27.6 g