- 6 4-ounce chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (reserve 1 tablespoon for cooking the chicken)
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dry)
- 2 15-ounce cans (about) 4 cups cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups 1/3-inch pieces peeled butternut squash
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Place chicken in medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons oil, oregano, thyme and rosemary and toss to coat. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
While the chicken marinates, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to large pot and heat to medium-high. Add onion and garlic and saute until lightly golden. Reduce heat to medium, stir in beans and cook until hot.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook chicken in skillet until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
Pour off drippings from skillet. Add wine and garlic to skillet. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, scraping up browned bits (about 2 minutes). Stir in squash, tomatoes in juice and bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and squash is tender (about 40 minutes). Stir in parsley. Simmer uncovered until sauce thickens slightly (about 3 minutes). Transfer chicken to serving bowl. Spoon bean and vegetable mixture over chicken.
Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
Cholesterol: 65.5 mg
Sodium: 218 mg
Carbs: 42.3 g
Fiber: 9.4 g
Protein: 37.9 g