- 1 pound medium asparagus (about 12-15 spears)
- 4 ounces pancetta, thinly sliced (need 12-15 slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Black pepper
- 4 12-inch skewers (if wooden, soak in water for 30 minutes)
Heat grill to medium-high.
Trim asparagus to 6 inches long and toss with oil and pepper in a small dish. Diagonally wrap the middle of each asparagus with 1 slice of pancetta (leave the tip visible). Thread 3 or 4 wrapped asparagus onto each skewer (place on spears about 1/2-inches apart).
Oil grill rack, then grill asparagus, uncovered, turning, until pancetta is golden brown in spots and asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Serve as is or with Citrus Vinaigrette (following).
Fat: 12.4 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodium: 521 mg
Carbs: 2.2 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 6.2 g
- Grated zest (about 2 tablespoons) and juice (about 3 ounces) of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Coarse sea salt
In a small bowl, whisk together the orange zest, juice, and mustard. Continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour half the vinaigrette onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with half of the chopped thyme and place the asparagus on top (in a pile). Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and sprinkle with the remaining thyme. Serve with a small bowl of coarse sea salt for dipping.
Fat: 13.8 g
Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
Cholesterol: 60.3 mg
Sodium: 1.0 mg
Carbs: 3.0 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 0.2 g