- 1 1/2 cups fine gingersnap crumbs (graham crackers or vanilla wafers work well too)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until evenly moist. Press mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate or tart pan. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 1 8-ounce package Neufchatel cheese (or other light cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 cups seedless grapes (white, red, or combination), cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, melted
In large bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and 3 tablespoons of the crystallized ginger until evenly blended. Spoon filling into cooled crust, spread evenly. Cover the surface of the cheese mixture with grapes.
Gently brush the warm jelly over the grapes and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of the crystallized ginger. Cover and refrigerate. Can be made one day in advance.
Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 6.3 g
Cholesterol: 16.3 mg
Sodium: 406 mg
Carbs: 44 g
Fiber: 1.3 g
Protein: 5 g