Terri Amlong, Ph.D.
p: 610-282-1100 ext.1447
Stephen Myers, Ph.D.
Galina Ivanovna Yermolenko, Ph.D.
p: 610-282-1100 ext.1387
p: 610-282-1100 ext. 1651
The full-time English faculty all have doctorates in relevant academic areas and develop strong, one-to-one relationships with their students. Most are teacher-practitioners who have professionally pursued the subjects that they teach. Creative writers teach creative writing; journalists teach journalism; literary scholars teach literature; and professional writers teach communications courses.
English Majors receive the full benefit of the exceptional qualifications of the English faculty because:
- Each student's best interest is the department's number one priority
- Almost all major courses are taught by full-time faculty
- All course work by students is evaluated by qualified, experienced English faculty
- Career development counseling is done by faculty who know the students well
- Internship selection is handled on an individual basis between faculty and student
- All academic advising of English majors is done carefully and individually by the faculty who take great interest in each student's personal and professional growth and goals