The difference with this program is that there will not be any need to separate your recyclables as you have in the past. Strategically placed labels on the receptacles denote trash only or single stream throughout the campus.
With the single stream system everything EXCEPT food waste, tissues, paper towels, styrofoam, plastic bags and wrap, light bulbs, ceramics, wax paper products (cardboard & cups), mirrors, computers and telephones can go in the single stream receptacles.
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Glass food and beverage containers – brown, clear, or green
- Ferrous (Iron) cans
- PET plastic containers with the symbol #1 – 7
- Old corrugated cardboard
- Cereal boxes
- Telephone books
- Printer paper
- Copier paper
- All other office paper without wax liners
Materials Not Accepted
include but are not limited to:
- Microwave trays
- Window or auto glass
- Light Bulbs
- Plastics unnumbered
- Plastic bags
- Coat hangers
- Glass cookware/bakeware
- Household items such as cooking pots, toasters, etc.
- All glass containers must by empty and free of metal caps and rings and contain less than 5% food debris.
- All tin cans, bi-metal cans, and aluminum cans must be empty and contain less than 5% food debris.
- All aerosol cans must be empty with less than 5% content
- All plastic containers must be empty, caps removed; less than 5% food debris.
- All Fiber must be dry and free of food debris and other contaminating material.
- Tissues, paper towels or other paper that has been in contact with food is not acceptable.
Please contact Denise Shive, Facilities Department Coordinator at 610-282-1100 x1240 with any questions or concerns you may have.