Congratulations on your new employment at DeSales. We look forward to working with you.
Non-faculty employees and adjunct faculty:
Before your first day, you should contact the Office of Human Resources to set up an appointment to complete your new-hire paperwork.
- full-time, non-faculty employees
610-282-1100, ext. 1369
- part-time, non-faculty employees and adjunct professors
610-282-1100, ext. 1660
Each August, a new full-time faculty orientation includes a session with the Office of Human Resources to complete new-hire paperwork and learn about your benefits. You will receive communication regarding these dates. Individual follow-up appointments can then be scheduled by calling 610-282-1100, ext. 1369.
Online Training: Preventing Sexual Harassment
In support of and consistent with DeSales University’s commitment to maintain a positive working environment free from harassment or discrimination and to provide our employees with the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill their responsibilities, we require employees (full and part time faculty and staff) complete a mandatory online Preventing Sexual Harassment training program.
This training is available from home or office, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Plan on completing the test in one sitting since the test cannot be saved. The test will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete. An e-mail will be generated notifying the Human Resources office that the training was completed.
- The test consists of 15 questions. A passing grade is 73% - no more than 4 incorrect answers. Scores are posted as soon as the test is completed.
- Employees will be required to re-take the test until they receive a passing score.
- Employees who do not have computer access should contact Human Resources. A training session will be scheduled in one of our computer classrooms.
- At the end of the training session there will be a Certificate of Completion. When a passing score is achieved, a copy of this certificate must be sent to the Human Resource Office and will be placed in the employee’s personnel file
- Completion of this online training session is mandatory and a necessary condition of employment.
Please give serious attention to this material and make a personal commitment to comply with the law and with the University’s zero-tolerance for harassment and discrimination. Please contact Joe Trella, Director of Human Resources, at ext. 1485 with questions.