DeSales University students are offered the opportunity to cross-register at any one of the five LVAIC institutions (Cedar Crest College, Lafayette College, Lehigh University, Moravian College, or Muhlenburg College) provided that necessary approvals at the home and host institutions are obtained.
What effect will cross-registered courses have on my GPA?
Some students take courses at other institutions with the hopes of raising their GPA. DeSales University will accept the grades from LVAIC institutions and these grades will be calculated into a student's GPA. While we do accept credits from other non-LVAIC institutions, it is important to recognize that non-LVAIC credits are not calculated in your GPA.
What do I need to know to participate in cross-registration?
- Students wishing to participate must complete a form available in the Registrar's Office.
- Courses available on this campus or courses taken as an overload may not be cross-registered.
- A maximum of one course per semester may be cross-registered.
- Courses are offered on a space-available basis. Therefore, students should not assume that they will be able to get into the course that they desire.
- The grades for all cross-registered courses are automatically computed into a student's grade point average.
- Freshmen usually may not participate in this cross-registration policy.
For information about taking courses at other institutions during the summer, please click here. Please note that at least 20 of the courses required to graduate must be completed through DeSales University.
<< Back to Policies and Procedures