Q. How do I know if I need help with writing skills?
A. You know you need help with your writing skills
- if you feel really frustrated trying to express your ideas in writing,
- if you receive lower grades on written assignments than you expected,
- if you don't do as well on essay exams as you do on short-answer tests,
- if you have trouble getting started, generating a thesis, or understanding the assignment.
Q. What kind of help with writing skills is available?
A. You can get help with any writing skill you are worried about including:
- MLA, APA, and other documentation formats
- grammar and mechanics,
- composing a thesis,
- organization of paragraphs and/or essays, or
- development of research papers, literature, essays,
seminar reports, etc.
Q. How do I sign up for writing skills assistance?
A. Signing up is easy! Sign up for an appointment with Ms. Ann Michael in the Academic Resource Center Appointment Book or locate a peer tutor in writing by logging on to TutorTrac.