Beginning in fthe 2011-2012 academic year, all new full-time employees at DeSales University participate in a Salesian "inculturation." Beyond the processes of onboarding as employees and orientation to their jobs, the inculturation series has as its purpose the integration of all employees into the distinctive culture of the University so as to enable each of them to contribute to the fulfillment of the University's particular mission.
The inculturation series features a full-day retreat at the beginning of the academic year and a series of follow-up sessions with defined cohorts of employees. The objectives are both educational (learning about the Salesian heritage at DSU) and operational (putting Salesian spirituality into practice on the job).
The components of the inculturation retreat include:
- ♦ a welcome by the President of the University
- ♦ a living look at the history of the University over its ► brief timeline
- ♦ an exploration of the spiritual legacy at DSU, with attention to ► "the Salesian lingo"
- ♦ testimonials from award-winning employees
- ♦ a guided tour of the campus, featuring ► "the people of DSU" and ► "the art of the campus"
- ♦ conversations about the strategic plan for the University
- ♦ introductions of the major administrators
► retreat overview
The 2013 retreat is scheduled for Thursday, August 22
Five (5) follow-up sessions, held over lunch on the dates listed below, are designed
- ♦ to instruct employees on specific aspects of the Salesian tradition
- ♦ to dialogue with employees about the formulation of their own mission objectives
- ♦ to assist employees with the elements of the annual performance appraisal process
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:30 a.m. University Center Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:30 p.m. University Center Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:30 a.m. University Center Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:30 p.m. University Center Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:30 a.m. University Center Thursday, November 14, 2013 12:30 p.m. University Center Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:30 a.m. University Center Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:30 p.m. University Center Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:30 p.m. University Center