Scope: All videos posted to public areas of DeSales web sites and/or official DeSales social media pages.
1. Submit your video idea to the web content coordinator in the communications office (see contact info below). This is to ensure the video is:
- in alignment with the University mission
- not already in progress by another department or program
- consistent with DeSales branding and image
2. Choose a videographer (after the idea has been discussed with and approved by the communications department) :
Note: Any costs incurred are the responsibility of the requesting department. Please arrange payment directly with your chosen provider.
3. Stay within the following guidelines when filming your video:
- Unless you have explicit, written permission, do not use copyrighted images, clips, text, or music. Fair use does not apply when content is used in a promotional manner (as on our public web pages).
- Get a signed consent form for anyone appearing in the video who is not either a DeSales employee or a traditional day student.* Consent forms are available at ddesales.edu/logos. Anyone under 18 will require a parent or guardian signature.
- Follow the DeSales Style Guide.
- Include the official DeSales logo at the very end of your video on a white background, with the appropriate URL for additional info. Logo files can be found online at desales.edu/logos.
- Optimize your video for YouTube.
4. Send your video in a YouTube supported format to the communications department for final review and publishing c/o Kristin Greenberg (see contact info below). Please allow at least 2 weeks time for the review and publishing process.
* Employers legally don’t need a release from their employees and traditional day students sign a blanket release upon admission to the University.
Questions? Kristin Greenberg, Web Content Coordinator
610-282-1100 ext 1764