- International Student Exchange Card - The International Student Exchange ID Card is an internationally recognized identification and discount card available to students of any age, faculty members, and youths between the ages of 12 and 26 years. Hostels.com is the ultimate resource for backpacking and hostelling.
- Hostels.com's team of researchers stay in touch with travelers worldwide to continually update their database of hostels.
- Hostelling International - Hostelling International is the brand name of more than 90 Youth Hostel Associations in over 80 countries, operating 4,000+ hostels. Unlike bland motels, impersonal hotels or dodgy backpackers, HI Youth Hostels are fun, lively meeting places, full of like-minded people.
- Student Travels - Independent Advice for Traveling the World
- ISIC Student ID Cards - Established in 1949 by university student unions to make travel affordable for students. The ISTC network includes more than 5,000 offices in over 100 countries.
- VirtualTourist - Over 400,000 members from over 219 countries and territories share insights and experiences to help each other travel smarter. Whether you're looking for the best place to get great airfares, accommodations or car rentals, or whether you need solid insider advice on a place you want to visit, VirtualTourist is a powerful, state-of-the-art solution that delivers the valuable information you need.
- STA Travel Great student fares for less!
- Orbitz - Orbitz was designed for you - to make your travel planning experience easier and more affordable
- Student Universe Student Universe is the online travel service that enables students to travel for less.
- Expedia - Expedia, Inc. is the worlds leading online travel service and the fourth largest travel agency in the U.S.
- Travelocity - Travel enriches your life when it's done right, and that takes a lot more than just securing low prices. Travelers need useful, insider information, straight-talking, honest advice, and control over the details that make a trip smooth, efficient, and truly great.
- Cheap Tickets - Cheap Tickets provides consumers access to its exclusive collection of unpublished airfares, as well as regularly published fares on hundreds of airlines.
- AESU Travel - AESU is a full-service travel firm and has been a leader in the travel industry since 1977.
- Ryan Air - "Low Fares and friendly, efficient service thats our way."
- easyjet - "easyJet is Europe's leading low-cost airline"
Travel for Disabled Students
- Mobility International Empowering people with disabilities around the world by ensuring their inclusion in international exchange and international development programs.
- University of Minnesota Access Abroad
- Access-able Travel Source They have information and everything else you need to know about: travel with disabilities, mature travel, disability magazines, access guides, wheelchair travel, scooter rental, accessible transportation and more!
- Let's Go - For over four decades, travelers have relied on Let's Go for inside information on undiscovered backstreet cafes, secluded beaches, and the best routes from border to border.
- Lonely Planet - With over 650 guidebooks published in 14 different languages, as well as a TV series and countless other services, Lonely Planet covers every corner of the planet.
- Fodor's - Offers everything needed to plan and execute a successful experience overseas.
- Rick Steeves - "Europe Through the Back Door"
- UK/Britain Student Life
- Eurail - The Eurailpass entitles the traveler to unlimited rail travel in the participating 17 Eurailpass countries and is also valid on some major shipping lines.
- Rick Steves - "Europe Through the Back Door"
Work or Volunteer Overseas
- Catholic Network of Volunteer Service -comprehensive listings by country, type of volunteer work, age, and length of service. Individual listings include application and selection procedures, training, financial and living arrangements.
- Learning Abroad Center - a not-for-profit student organization at the University of Minnesota. Useful information as well as specific listings.
- State Department Internships in Washington and Abroad
- StudyAbroad.com (includes internships, community service)
- Volunteer & Service Opportunities, Workcamps, Internships, etc. - compiled by the American Friends Service Committee
- Peace Corps - Since 1960, more than 170,000 Peace Corps Volunteers have been invited by 136 host countries to work on issues ranging from AIDS education, information technology, and environmental preservation.
- Monster International. - Monster.Com, the Internet job search company, provides "nuts and bolts" information about short and long term jobs overseas
- ENLACE, Electronic Network for Latin American Careers and Employment. - New electronic job bank at the University of Texas. Although most positions beyond entry level, a good introduction to opportunities available long-term
- BUNAC - Overseas work/travel programs offer students and young people an alternative to package tourism, including opportunities in Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and volunteer opportunities in South Africa
- CIEE - Leave your inner tourist at home, and decide where you want to take your inner traveler. You can work in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France, Ireland and Germany with CIEE.
- NAFSA Association of International Educators
- Teaching Abroad Recourses