Dates & Times:
- Fri., 11/4 @ 8pm
- Sat., 11/5 @ 2pm & 8pm
- Sun, 11/6 @ 2pm
There will be a “talk back” with the choreographers after the Sunday performance.
- Schubert Theatre of the Labuda Center for the Performing Arts
2755 Station Ave.
Center Valley, PA 18034
- $10 for adults
- $8 for seniors and students
- Buy online
- Or call the Labuda box office at 610.282.3192
DeSales University Presents Emerging Choreographers Concert
Two Choreographers have been chosen to exhibit their dances in New York City as part of College Partnership Program
DeSales University’s Division of Performing Arts will open its 2011-2012 Dance season with the Emerging Choreographers Concert running November 4 to 6, 2011.
A showcase and celebration of promising young choreographers in the dance department, the Emerging Choreographers Concert is an entirely student-run concert. Select dance majors are chosen as dancers, designers, and technicians.
"One of the great qualities of our dance department is that the students get training as performers, dance teachers, and choreographers,” says division head John Bell. “And it is in this last arena—as choreographers—that our students always surprise. We take particular pride in opening our dance season with our emerging choreographers because it allows them to express themselves as dance artists in ways that seems to unleash their best of their creative personalities.”
The concert, presented in the three-quarter-round Schubert Theatre in the Labuda allows audience members to see the dances in an up close and personal setting. The program features six world premier dances in a variety of genre and styles.
- Junior dance major Leigha Adduci, from Hatboro, PA offers “Timeless Infinity” with music by Michael Andrews and videography by Vito Ferber.
- Senior dance major Tia Di Pietro, from Jefferson Township, N.J., a second-time ECC choreographer, presents “Couture,” featuring original millinery design and construction by Renee Di Pietro.
- Senior dance major Kaitlin Rago offers “Quandry,” and junior dance major Danielle Desimone presents “Listen,” a modern dance piece infused with a hint of jazz inspiration.
- Junior dance and communications major Isabel Garcia, from Owings Mills, MD presents her work“From Desire to Delivery,” featuring narration written by the choreographer.
- Junior dance major Jessica Bartorelli, from Glassboro, N.J. presents “Eyes on Fire,” a duet for two women. “The piece integrates step music and intense modern choreography with a big emphasis on mirroring,” explains Bartorelli. “It explores the internal relationship of who we are and how we might see ourselves portrayed.”
The Dance Department is proud to announce that two of the choreographers represented in the Emerging Choreographers Concert—Leigha Adduci and Tia Di Pietro—will have their dances exhibited at Dance New Amsterdam on Broadway in New York City on October 29. The event is part of the College Partnership Program, which gives exceptional young choreographers the opportunity to debut their work and receive professional feedback from prominent figures in the dance world.
The Labuda Center is fully accessible and equipped with a listening enhancement system sponsored by The Dexter F. and Dorothy H. Baker Foundation and Schubert Communications, Inc. Special seating is available for our patrons using wheelchairs or requiring other assistance. Please inform the box office of your needs when ordering tickets.
For additional information:
Roseann Damico Schatkowski
Director of Marketing & PR
610.282.1100 ext. 1547
Press Release: DeSales University Presents Emerging Choreographers Concert | Posted on: 10/27/2011
For more info:
Tom McNamara, Executive Director of Communications
DeSales University | 2255 Station Avenue | Center Valley, PA 18034
610.282.1100 x1219 | Tom.McNamara@desales.edu