Salesian Center to Host 7th Annual Heritage Week to Honor Patron Saint Francis de Sales
The Salesian Center for Faith and Culture will host the 7th annual Heritage Week at DeSales University, a series of events celebrating the legacy of St. Francis de Sales, patron of DeSales University. All events are free and open to the public and run Sunday, January 22 through Thursday, January 26.
“Each year during Heritage Week we honor St. Francis de Sales and celebrate his lasting legacy and ongoing impact in today’s culture,” said the Rev. Thomas Dailey, OSFS, director of the Salesian Center for Faith and Culture.
- Sunday, January 22, the lineup of speakers and events for Heritage Week begins with the Mass of St. Francis de Sales with Rev. Mark Moretti, from the Diocese of Arlington, Va., who will serve as guest celebrant and homilist at 8 p.m., Sunday, January 22, in the Connelly Chapel at DeSales University in Center Valley Pa.
- Monday, January 23, at 7:30 in the White Pavilion in the DeSales University Center, the Baranzano Society on Bioethics will present a public forum on “What Happens When Doctors & Patients Disagree?” featuring Dr. Robert Motley, Lehigh Valley Health Network; Stefan Striz, Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy; and attorney Stephen Lanshe, Sacred Heart Hospital,
- Tuesday, January 24, we welcome Kevin Eckstrom, editor-in-chief with Religion News Service to discuss “American Theocracy Revisited.” This will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the White Pavilion in the DeSales University Center.
- Wednesday, January 25, we celebrate St. Francis de Sales as the Cathedral Provost with Professor Veryl Victoria Miles, dean of the Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America. The topic of this St. Thomas More Society legal seminar will be “Saving Grace with Faith-Based Education.”
- Thursday, January 26, the week closes with the R. Wayne Kraft Memorial Lecture on “The World as it Could Be via Catholic Social Thought” featuring Fr. Thomas D. Williams, L.C, professor and dean of theology at the Regina Apostolorum University in Rome, Italy.
For more information, contact the Salesian Center for Faith and Culture at DeSales University at 610-282-1100, ext. 1244 or visit us at www.desales.edu/salesian.
About the Salesian Center
Established in 2000, the Salesian Center for Faith and Culture’s mission is to promote the interaction of faith and culture, in a mutually beneficial engagement, through academic initiatives that focus on the authentic integration of social concerns and gospel values. The Salesian Center supports intellectual activity in research studies, dialogue events including public forums and lectures and partnership programs.
Press Release: Salesian Center to Host 7th Annual Heritage Week to Honor Patron Saint Francis de Sales | Posted on: 12/20/2011
For more info:
Tom McNamara, Executive Director of Communications
DeSales University | 2255 Station Avenue | Center Valley, PA 18034
610.282.1100 x1219 | Tom.McNamara@desales.edu