The application requires that you submit your personal information, previous academic work, employment history, health care experience (both employment history and health care experience must combine for a total of at least 500 hours), standardized test scores, prerequisite course information (if any), and personal essay.
When your completed application has been sent to us by CASPA, we will send you a confirmation letter. Our Application Supplement will be provided to those candidates who have been invited to interview for admission.
Requirements of program are:
- Because of differences in health care delivery across the globe, the health care requirement must be met within the United States and its territories.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed by the date of matriculation.
- Advanced placement in the professional phase of the Physician Assistant Program is not possible.
- Matriculating students will need to complete the Program's immunization requirement and submit both a Criminal Record Check and a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance. (Forms will be provided.)
Pre-Requisites / Required Courses
|Anatomy & Physiology I
|Anatomy & Physiology II
|Chemistry I (Inorganic)
||English Composition I
|Chemistry II (Organic)
||English Composition II
All applications for the Graduate level of our Program are accepted via CASPA (Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants). Apply online at www.caspaonline.org. In order to qualify for admission into the professional phase of the program, students should have:
- Received a baccalaureate degree from an accredited US institution. An applicant who possesses a degree from an accredited institution outside of the US may also be considered for admission. Students must have their transcript verified and translated by an approved credentialing agency and should meet all other requirements.
- Completed all required classes prior to matriculation in the program. Students may apply before the completion of these courses, but should inform the University as to when and where the needed course(s) will be taken. Such candidates may gain conditional acceptance.
- Ordinarily achieved a GPA of at least 3.0 in all required courses, including sciences.
- Taken and submitted the test scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores should be received by the application deadline.
- Submitted three letters of reference, as required by the CASPA application.
- Achieved TOEFL scores of at least 100 (internet-based test) for non-native speakers of English.
- Completed a minimum of 500 hours of health care experience (paid or volunteer). The experience should be completed within the United States due to the wide variety of health care delivery systems around the world. The 500 hour requirement must be completed prior to matriculation into the Program and does not need to be completed before the application is submitted. The 500 hours must be documented.
- Submitted all transcripts of studies completed outside of the United States by application deadline. These transcripts must have been evaluated by an approved credentialing agency. Approved agencies can be found through NACES.