DeSales University students have the opportunity to study abroad in Athens, Greece through a partnership with the American College of Greece (ACG). Founded in Smyrna, Asia Minor, in 1875, by missionaries from Boston, Massachusetts, ACG is the oldest and largest U.S. accredited college or university in Europe.
For 135 years, The American College of Greece has served as a pioneering agent of globalization, cultivating a fertile intellectual and cultural collaboration between Greece and the United States. Today, The American College of Greece operates a high school, PIERCE, DEREE undergraduate and graduate school and ALBA Graduate Business School at The American College of Greece.
ACG is home to nearly 4,000 students from 55 countries.
ACG offers a comprehensive program spanning secondary, undergraduate, graduate and continuing education on a breathtaking 64-acre campus in the quiet Athens suburb of Aghia Paraskevi and a satellite campus in the bustling center of Athens. The oldest and largest college accredited by The New England Association of Colleges and Schools, the College is justifiably proud of its more than 33,000 accomplished alumni living in Greece, the United States and around the world.
- Must be a full-time, traditional day undergraduate student.
- Grade point average of 2.75 or above.
- Good disciplinary standing.
- Usually, participant cannot have previously participated in the DSU London program.
- Application process must be completed prior to March 15 for participation in the fall program and October 15 for participation in the spring program.
- Two positive letters of recommendation from full-time faculty members.
- Preference may be given to students who demonstrate that the studies in London are directly related to their major course of studies at DSU.