DeSales University students have the opportunity to study abroad in Spain at the Catholic University of San Antonio in Murcia (UCAM).
UCAM is private catholic university, around 10,300 students, 23 European official degrees, 30 Master programs, 17 phD programs – one of these 100% international, as the UCAM-FOM Doctoral School of Business Program. The motto of this university is: In libertatem vocati (From Galatians 5:13, RSV: “Called to freedom"). UCAM has a rich and unique environment both cultural and historical. The main campus is on the XVII century Jerónimos Monastery. There are infrastructures and labs which provide students with excellent facilities to learn practical skills. Explore a Campus Tour with images and videos of the campus.
UCAM has around 150 international partners, some amongst leading colleges and universities in the world, such as UC Berkeley, Stanford, Notre Dame, TEX Monterrey, Università degli Studi di Bologna, among others. UCAM is also the first university with a Campus in Cuba, where they have two headquarters and where they opened an International MBA.
The infra-structure provides excellent sports facilities and has a special focus on sports. There are 17 official teams competing, comprising up to 500 college athletes. As proof of this is the fact that UCAM is the only European university who has a professional Basketball team in the first national league (liga ACB España) UCAM Murcia CB. They compete as well on a professional level in sports like Table Tennis, volleyball, handball, soccer (with a team in the 3rd national division). In Spanish Sports Competitions between colleges, UCAM is the highest ranking team in sports and in private universities.
UCAM is strongly linked with the working world through study plans adapted to market exigencies, obligatory internships in institutions and enterprises in every program and research programs in collaboration with big enterprises. At the same time UCAM’s students have at their disposal computers and scientific-professional laboratories apart from a modern on-line learning system.
UCAM is a Catholic institution in dialogue with the modern world for the purposes of evangelization and the improvement of human society as a whole. This spirit is made visible in personalized lectures with a reduced number of students and personal tutors for each student. UCAM is a proponent of Christian values throughout all subjects, volunteership, meetings, congress and seminars
UCAM offers courses in the following areas:
Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Science (e-learning)
- Constructions Engineering
- Industrial and Electromechanical Engineering*
- Telecommunication Systems Engineering
- Telecommunication Systems Engineering (b-learning)
- Food Sciences and Technologies
- Food Sciences and Technologies (b-learning)
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Psychology (e-learning)
Business and Legal Studies
- Business Administration
- Criminology (b-learning)
- Labor Relations and Human Resources (b-learning)
- Tourism (e-learning)
Physical Activity and Sports Sciences
- Physical Activities and Sport Sciences
Social Sciences and Communications
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Advertising and Public Relations (b-learning)
- Audiovisual Communication
- Audiovisual Communication (b-learning)
- Humanities and Social Anthropology (e-learning)
- Journalism (b-learning)
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education (e-learning)
- Primary Education
- Primary Education (e-learning)
- English: IELTS (British Council)
- English: PET Y FIRST (Cambridge)
- French: DELF/DALF (Alliance Française)
- German: A1-C2 (Goethe Institute).
- Italian: 5 levels CELI (Università per Stranieri di Perugia)
- Spanish: Intensive (A y B)
- Spanish: Lev. I - III
- Spanish: Training to DELE
- Spanish: Summer courses
- Must be a full-time, traditional day undergraduate student.
- Grade point average of 2.75 or above.
- Good disciplinary standing.
- Usually, participant cannot have previously participated in the DSU Spain program.
- Application process must be completed prior to March 15 for participation in the fall program and October 15 for participation in the spring program.
- Two positive letters of recommendation from full-time faculty members.
- Preference may be given to students who demonstrate that the studies in Spain are directly related to their major course of studies at DSU.