- Doctor of Philosophy (1992), Lehigh University. Field of specialization: Behavioral Neuroscience, including psychopharmacology and reproductive physiology. Conducted research works on the intrauterine position phenomenon in mice and the role of hormones in the development of reproductive behavior.
- Master of Philosophy (1984), Royal School of Veterinary Medicine, Edinburgh University (Scotland). Field of specialization: reproductive physiology and behavior. Conducted research works on reproductive pheromones and the flehmen response in sheep.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (1979), University of the Philippines. Conducted research works on the effects of acetylcholinesterase inhibitor pesticides on the Philippine buffalo enzyme levels and pheromones in the domestic cat.
Recent Professional Presentations:
- Presented a poster entitled: "The Effects of Hycure Powder on the Rate of Wound Closure in Diabetic Mice" at the Federation of America Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) Conference (April 22-25, 2002, New Orleans, LA).
- Two papers were accepted for presentation at the 72nd Annual Meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association (Boston, March, 2002). These papers were entitled: "The Effects of Phototherapy on Children's Emotional Quotient" and "Aggression-Inhibiting Effects of Valerian in Mice".
Courses Taught at DeSales University:
- Current Issues in Psychology
- Drugs and Behavior
- Endocrinology of Behavior
- History of Psychology
- Independent Research
- Introduction of Psychology
- Research Methods and Analysis
- Cognitive Psychology
- Biology of Behavior. Summer 1997; 1998 Professor, Summer Study Program in Austria
- Neuroendocrinology of Behavior. Consortial Professor, Lehigh University (1996) and Muhlenberg College (2001)
- Jubilan BM (1995-1999). Editor: Annual Edition in Biopsychology. The Dushkin Publishing Group, Inc., CT.
- Bland KP, Jubilan BM, Lang CW & Nizamliogu M (1992). Failure to detect a putative oestrus-indicating pheromone in the urine and vaginal secretions of female sheep. Acta Vet Hung. 270, 40(1-2), 17-25.
- Jubilan BM & Nyby JG (1992). The intrauterine position phenomenon and precopulatory behaviors in house mice. Physiology & Behavior, 51, 857-872.
- Bland KP & Jubilan BM (1987). Correlation of Flehmen by male sheep with female behavior and oestrus. Animal Behavior, 35, 735-738.
Some Research Works in Collaboration with Undergraduate Psychology majors at DeSales University:
- A study on consumer behavior patterns of people on welfare
- The effects of scopolamine (a neurotransmitter blocker) on learning and memory.
- The significance of salivary nerve growth factor in female mice reproductive behavior.
- A search for human pheromones revelant in dyadic relationships.
- Effects of Nutritional Versus Non-nutritional Foods on Children's Behavior
- E.Q., S.A.T., and GPA Correlations in College Students
- The Effects of Current Events on Salivary Cortisol Levels
- Effect of Ephedra on General Learning and Memory
- The Effects of Noise on Spatial Ability Among College Students