This was named after Rev. Louis Brisson (1817-1908) who was the co-founder of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales. He began as an instructor at the Visitation School in Troyes and then became chaplain to the Sisters of the Visitation. Mother Marie Therese de Sales Chappuis, the superior, told him many times that the Lord wanted Louis to found a society of priests who would promote Salesian Spirituality.After disagreeing with Mother Chappuis, Christ appeared to Louis. As he looked into the Lord's eyes, Louis' heart was converted and he gave his consent.
Brisson hall originally served as a seminary for Oblates until the college purchased the building in August of 1993.