Wayne Turney has been able to maintain both a professional career as well as a presence in the classroom. He has taught acting and directing on the college level, and has directed numerous college productions from classics and Shakespeare to experimental contemporary plays. Mr. Turney served as dramaturg at the Cleveland Play House during which time he gave staged readings to more than a dozen new works, more than half of which went to full Equity Productions. He co-founded the Ohio New Play Festival and staged three new works, one of which, Ron Wilson's Last Days of Route 66, he used to found the Cleveland Actors' Theatre Company in Downtown Cleveland.
- Actors' Equity Association
- American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
- Screen Actors' Guild
- MFA Wayne State University
- Hilberry Repertory Theatre Program
- BA Ohio Wesleyan University