DeSales University Announces Spring Schedule of Events for "Wednesdays in the Commons."
The DeSales University Cultural Affairs Committee has announced the spring 2006 schedule of events for the Wednesdays in the Commons series. All programs will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., in McShea Student Union at DeSales. The programs are open to the public free of charge.
The Wednesday s in the Commons series, established last fall, offers a variety of multicultural events featuring Celtic dance and music, contemporary poetry presentation, Russian folk dancing, acoustic blues guitar, swing band and dancing, among others.
"The goal for the Wednesdays in the Commons series," said Linda Zerbe, dean of students at DeSales, "is to bring cultural events to the university through the efforts of the faculty and student affairs."
For more information, or to reserve seating, please contact that DeSales University's Office of Student Life at 610-282-1100 ext. 1261.
Programs in the series include:
- February 15 - Common Wealth: Contemporary Poets on Pennsylvania featuring six poets including DeSales University's Steve Myers
- February 22 - Acoustic Blues Guitar with KJ Jones
- March 15 - Celtic Dance and Music
- March 22 - Poetry Slam
- March 29 - Barynya: Russian Folk Dancers
- April 5 - Film: History of Dance in Film
- April 12 - Godfrey Daniels Presents
- April 19 - Rhythms of Life: An evening of dance hosted by DeSales University dancers
- May 3 - Swing Band & Dancing
Press Release: DeSales University Announces Spring Schedule of Events for "Wednesdays in the Commons." | Posted on: 2/7/2006
For more info:
Tom McNamara, Executive Director of Communications
DeSales University | 2255 Station Avenue | Center Valley, PA 18034
610.282.1100 x1219 | Tom.McNamara@desales.edu