Are fascinated with the complexity and beauty of life and want to learn more
Are attracted to the biological and chemical sciences
Are considering a career in health care
- Are interested in developing new medical treatments and diagnostics
When you become a biochemistry-molecular biology student at DeSales, you will be inmersed in an exciting multidisciplinary four-year program with a unique integration of biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, genetics, and chemistry. You will acquire a strong background that will enable you to engage in the study of biological systems. The Biochemistry Program at DeSales is designed for students interested in health care careers as well as academic or pharmaceutical research, and science education at any level.
As a graduate of our program you will be prepared to go on to successful careers that include:
- Research and management in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
- Graduate studies in medicine, dentistry, or veterinary science
- Research and teaching at universities, professional schools, and government laboratories
- Graduate level studies in biology, chemistry, and biochemistry.
- Secondary Science education
Our program offers you...
- A complete education as a scientist built around DeSales' liberal arts curriculum
- The state of the art facilities, well-equipped laboratories, and instrumentation of the departments of biology and chemistry
- Outstanding faculty able to offer expert technical support and invaluable training in a friendly and personable atmosphere
- Flexibility to fit your individual needs by designing the upper level classes around your interests
- Small classes. Satisfy your curiosity and learn about the biochemistry topics that interest you the most with close supervision and guidance
When you visit you will find...
- A modern science building with outstanding teaching and research laboratories facilities
- A newly modernized recreation and fitness center
- An active, successful 15-sports athletic program
- A dedicated, caring, and responsive faculty who see teaching as their primary and most rewarding call
- Bright, enthusiastic, and friendly fellow students,eager to help you feel at home
- A small, safe, and quiet campus; removed from the stress of the city, but within easy reach of both Philadelphia and New York.
We are very excited about our Biochemistry-Molecular Biology Program and the opportunities it offers you. We want to help you decide whether this is the place and the program for you.
For more information contact Dr. Julie Aaron: