The Master of Education in Academic Standards and Reform Program prepares educators for professional and career enhancement work in the areas of education and social services.
Orientation: New graduate students are required to participate on an orientation offered each session either online or on two Saturdays in the first month of the session.
Orientation to Online Learning: Prior to the first online DSU course for an M.Ed. program , students are required to participate in the orientation to online learning.
Core Courses | 9 credits
- ED 501 Educational Research | 3 credits
- ED 503 Advanced Topics in Education | 3 credits
- ED 504 Philosophy and Ethics in Education | 3 credits
Major Courses | 18 credits
- Students may self-select a program of study from any courses offered in the M.Ed. programs. Students must also complete any pre-requisite course for chosen courses.
Capstone Course | 3 credits
- ED 600 Critical Issues and Research Seminar
EE 600 Project: Capstone Project: Elementary Education
Requirements vary for each concentration/certification.