If you are not already doing it, become a Bulldog on the Move. Try to increase your activity walk, jog, count steps. Anything counts as long as it is movement.
- Use the stairs, not the elevator or park your car farther away from the door to a building to increase steps.
- Aim for 30 minutes of activity at least five days a week.
- Count steps with a pedometer - about 2000 steps is equal to one mile
- Check out the campus mileage maps that are posted here from the DSU Wellness websites.
- Organize a group of walking/jogging buddies!
Everyone will win because we will all help reduce our risk of diabetes, coronary artery disease, and some types of cancer. Activity helps control weight and can improve mood.
||The Walking Paths above is viewable using Adobe Reader. Simply click on the Adobe Icon to download and install the free Reader from the Adobe Website and you will be able to view these documents, as well as other documents on the DeSales Website.|