The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Programs prepare professional nurses as collaborative colleagues in health care delivery, planning, policy making, and directing of health care. Students are provided an advanced core of knowledge in the areas of primary, secondary, and tertiary care, as well as in health care administration. Programs of study are available in the areas of Clinical Nurse Specialist, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator, and Nurse Executive via the dual MSN/MBA degree. Upon successful completion of the program of study, the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is awarded. For students enrolled in the MSN/MBA Program, the additional degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA) is awarded. In addition, a generic MSN is offered for certificate-prepared Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA), and Certified Nurse Practitioners (NP).
At the completion of the MSN Program students will:
- Exemplify Christian Humanism through valuing and facilitating full human development via partnerships with individuals, families, communities and populations.
- Integrate the use of technology and information systems in the delivery of health services.
- Recognize the impact of culture on health outcomes.
- Participate in the development of new knowledge in nursing and health services through education, practice and research.
- Formulate communication strategies to meet the unique needs of individuals, families, communities and populations.
- Provide leadership in formulating clinical, administrative, or policy decisions to promote health.
- Synthesize seminal theoretical concepts and research findings into evidence based health services.
- Apply advanced concepts of leadership and advocacy to influence policy makers, health systems, and consumers in order to effect positive changes in health services.
- Promulgate optimal health outcomes through collaboration with health care providers, consumers, and health systems.
Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
61 Broadway, 33rd Floor
New York, NY 10006