Listed below are the publications and presentations of the faculty members in our department for the academic year. These contributions reflect the faculty's commitment to professional growth and development, as well as the desire to share with others the results of our individual and collective work. It is hoped that this service to the academic community will further the mission of DeSales University to provide a Catholic education in the tradition of Christian Humanism.
Lloyd W.J. Aultman-Moore, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor - Classical Philosophy)
- "Moral Pain and the Choice of Neoptolemus: Philoctetes 894," forthcoming in Classical World.
- Commentary on "Mystery & Creaturehood" - a response given at the meeting of the Gabriel Marcel Society in conjunction with the American Philosophical Association, held in Boston, December 27-29, 1994.
- "Cultural and Natural Forms in the Thought of Wendell Berry" - a paper to be presented at the annual meeting of the American Catholic Philosophical Association, March 1995, in Washington, DC and to be published in their Proceedings.
Larry Chapp, Ph.D.(Assistant Professor - Systematic Theology)
- "Is American Religion Gnostic? An Analysis of American Civil Religion and its Impact on Issues of Church and State" - a paper to be presented at the annual conference of the College Theology Society, to be held at Holy Cross College (Worcester, MA), June 1-4, 1995.
Rev. Thomas F. Dailey, O.S.F.S., S.T.D.(Dept. Chair / Asst. Professor - Biblical Theology)
- The Repentant Job: A Ricoeurian Icon for Biblical Theology - published by the University Press of America (Lanham, MD).
- "Seeing He Repents: Contemplative Consciousness and the Wisdom of Job," published in the American Benedictine Review, vol. 46/1 (1995), pp. 87-101.
- "Job's World: A Chaotic Conundrum" (co-authored with Janet Yeager), published in Encounter, vol. 56/2 (1995), pp. 175-189.
- "The Wisdom of Divine Disputation? On Job 40:1-5," Journal for the Study of the Old Testament, no. 63 (1994), pp. 105-119.
- "The Book of Job as Optimistic Wisdom," Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa, vol. 18/1 (1994), pp. 3-16.
- "The Book of Job: A Theo-Novella" - a paper presented at the Society of Biblical Literature International Meeting, held at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), August 7-11, 1994.
- "The Bible and Catechesis: Back to the Three 'R's" - a workshop presentation sponsored by the Dept. of Education of the diocese of Allentown, at Bethlehem Catholic High School, October 22, 1994.
Brian M. Kane, Ph.D.(Assistant Professor - Moral Theology)
- "Legitimate Authority and Twentieth Century Papal Just War Thought" - a paper presented at the meeting of the American Maritain Association / Carnegie Council of Ethics and International Affairs in New York, November 12, 1994.
- "Persons and Princes (or Presidents): The Relationship Between the Common Good and the Use of Lethal Force According to John Paul II" - a paper to be presented at the annual conference of the College Theology Society, at Holy Cross College (Worcester, MA), June 1-4, 1995.
Gregory Kerr, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor - Aesthetic Philosophy)
- Editor of The Maritain Notebook (official newsletter of the American Maritain Association), volume 2-3.
- "On poetic truth" - a paper presented at the central division meeting of the American Philosophical Association, Spring 1995.
- "On Maritain's Responsibility of the Artist" - a paper to be presented at the annual meeting of the American Catholic Philosophical Association, March 1995, in Washington, DC.
Rev. Alexander T. Pocetto, O.S.F.S., Ph.D. (Senior Vice-President / Professor - Spirituality)
- "A Spirituality of the Sacred" - published in the Summer 1994 issue of Salesian Living Heritage.
- Edited The Philosophy and Theology of Love According to St. Francis de Sales by James Langelaan, published by the Edwin Mellen Press (London, 1994).
- Appointed President of the International Commission on Salesian Studies for the religious congregation of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales