Listed below are the publications and presentations of the faculty members in our department for the academic year. These contributions reflect the faculty's commitment to professional growth and development, as well as the desire to share with others the results of our individual and collective work. It is hoped that this service to the academic community will further the mission of DeSales University to provide a Catholic education in the tradition of Christian Humanism.
by Larry Chapp, Ph.D.
Serves on the Theological Committee for the 2006 Synod of the Diocese of Allentown
Serves on the editorial board of Pro Ecclesia
Hosts the Lehigh Valley Communio Circle
- book entitled The God of Covenant and Creation, accepted for publication by T&T Clark International
- "Deus caritas est and the Retrieval of a Christian Cosmology," in Communio 33/3 (Fall 2006): pp. 449-472
- lecture on "Science & Religion" to the Philadelphia chapter of Legatus
- guest on The Radio Factor with Bill O'Reilly (10/3/06) on "A Christian Response to Fighting Terrorism"
by Thomas Dailey, OSFS, S.T.D.
Serves on the editorial board of the Indian Journal of Spirituality
Monthly op-ed columnist for The Morning Call newspaper (Lehigh Valley, PA)
- "The Salesian Call to Holiness" -- series of retreat presentations for the permanent deacons of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (in Mount Pocono, PA) on September 22-24, 2006.
- "Saints Alive ... Still" -- presentation to the Holy Name Society of St. Ursula parish (Fountain Hill, PA) on January 14, 2007.
- "Belief in the Future" -- presentation for Theology on Tap series (Center Valley, PA) on February 1, 2007.
- "Faith & Culture on a Local Level" -- presentation to the Southern Lehigh Ministeriuim (Center Valley, PA) on March 8, 2007.
- "Living the Devout Life Today+ -- mini-mission for St. Jude parish (Chalftont, PA) on March 27, 2007.
- "Words to the Wise" -- presentation at First Presbyterian Church (Bethlehem, PA) on April 23, 2007.
- "Bioethical Issues Today" -- panelist for discussion at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel parish (Doylestown, PA) on April 23, 2007.
by Rodney Howsare, Ph.D.
Secretary of the Theological Committee for the 2006 Synod of the Diocese of Allentown
- "Why Begin with Love? Eros, Agape and the Problem of Secularism" - in Communio 33/3 (Fall 2006): pp. 423-448.
- review of Nicholas Healy's The Eschatology of Hans Urs von Balthasar: Being as Communion published in Theology (UK)
- review of The Cambridge Companion to Hans Urs von Balthasar -- pubished in Ars Disputandi, volume 6 (2006)
- "Experience in Luther and Schleiermacher" -- presentation for the Communion and Liberation group (Mt. Zion, VA) in October 2006.
by Brian Kane, Ph.D.
Serves on the committee for "strengthening Catholic family life" for the 2006 Synod of the Diocese of Allentown
- book review of Declining By Degrees: Higher Education at Risk, to be published in Teaching Theology and Religion
by Gregory Kerr, Ph.D.
Serves on the editorial board for Vera Lex (the International Natural Law Journal)
- "Flew's New Scientific Belief and the Paradox of Intelligent Design" - paper presentation at the international meeting of the American Maritain Association (Nashville, TN)
by Stephen Loughlin, Ph.D.
Serves as coordinator of "The Aquinas Translation Project"
Serves on the board of advisors for Nova Et Vetera
- "Thomas Aquinas and the Importance of Fasting to the Christian Life" -- article accepted for publication in Pro Ecclesia
by Alexander Pocetto, OSFS, Ph.D.
- "The Image of Jacob's Ladder in the Writings of Francis de Sales" -- research presentation at the Salesian Scholars Seminar (Stella Niagara, NY) in October 2006.
- "Life in the Roman Catholic Church Today" -- dual presenations for the Lutheran Spiritual Growth Group Forum (Allentown, PA) on April 22 & 29, 2007.
- Salesian retreats for the Visitation monasteries in Ottawa and in Ste. Anne de la Pocatiere (Canada) in June 2007.
||Some of these documents are viewable using Adobe Reader. Simply click on the Adobe Icon to download and install the free Reader from the Adobe Website and you will be able to view these documents, as well as other documents on the DeSales Website.