What is it?
Interview Stream is a web-based mock interview program to assist you in preparation for upcoming interviews for internships, jobs, or graduate or professional school admission. It is a simple, fun, and effective way to go about refining and mastering your interviewing skills.
How do I sign up for my FREE account?
Interview Stream Log In
How much time will I need to use it?
In about 30 minutes you can get logged in, follow some basic steps to do a general interview, record your responses to interview questions and review your responses.
Time will vary among users because you have the opportunity to:
- Re-try responses, save or delete responses.
- Select from a detailed menu of questions (instead of using a general interview).
- Stop anytime, and log in later to finish an interview.
- Use other resources on the Dashboard, like tips and webinars.
Can I use it more than once?
Sure can. You can save responses and review them later. You can choose different interview questions.
Three easy steps to Interview Stream (for detailed tutorial, select "Tutorial" in the User Dashboard).
After you log in to Interview Stream:
- Choose Interview Set: Pick your interview set or create your own interview from a list of over 1500 questions.
- Conduct Practice Interview: Conduct your interview with any webcam, any MAC, any PC, anywhere, anytime. Video interviewer will ask the first question, then the webcam begins recording. Click the mouse to stop recording. Review, retry, or continue to the next question.
- Watch and Share with Others: Click a question to review a response. Review it with a friend or professor or the director of career services. You will also have the opportunity to count your filler words ("umm," "like," "you know!")
Use all the resources provided.
Take advantage of all components on the User Dashboard, which includes interview tips and a webinar on strategies and tactics to succeed in the interview process.
What can I do if I don't have access to a webcam?
No webcam? Call our office at 610-282-1100 Ext: 1738 during office hours and we'll work with you to schedule a time for you to come in and borrow one.
Want a review of your Interview Stream interview afterward?
You can request an appointment during which the Director of Career Services would review your web-based interview with you. Once scheduled, you must e-mail the director the link to your interview so she can be prepared for your one-on-one meeting.
You can also give review access to others: faculty members who have assigned a practice interview, advisors, friends, etc. It is a simple matter of e-mailing that person while you are in Interview Stream (having asked that person's permission in advance, of course!).