Multicultural life at Desales University envisions a community of interdependent and interconnected cultures. In this multicultural community, all its members will see themselves as ambassadors of human relations, whose individual and collective role is to promote, encourage, and support inclusiveness, respect, fairness, access, equity, and social justice for all people. Key endeavors include the support of services and programs on a wide range of topics impacting educational equity on the basis of race, color, age, marital status, gender, disability, and national origin. We strive to provide an array of services that exist to perpetuate the academic, social, and personal development of students from a variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Multicultural Life at DeSales University strives to:
- Strengthen the diversity of the DeSales University community by retaining and supporting the admission of students from ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Promote a standard of tolerance and responsible self-conduct among all students, administrators and faculty that reflects the highest standards of ethics and respect in the areas ethnicity, culture, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Support the academic, social and professional development progression of students ensure individual growth and development.
- Support groups and organizations whose interests and goals are consistent with DeSales University.
- Provide means and supports for ensuring that students are culturally sensitive and culturally competent when leaving DeSales University and entering the working world.
- Promote and support the hiring and retention of faculty, administrators and staff from historically underrepresented minority groups.
- Implement programs and support activities that encourage the entry and retention of students in all stages of their academic development.
If you have any questions, please contact Linda Zerbe, dean of students, email@example.com.