Lehigh Valley Independent Filmmakers to Hold Second Town Meeting, Thurs., March 22, at DeSales University
The second Lehigh Valley Independent Filmmakers Town Meeting will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, March 22, in the Commonwealth Room in the Gerald White Pavilion of the DeSales University Center. Sponsors of the event are DeSales University's Performing and Fine Arts Department and the SouthSide Film Institute (SSFI). The main focus of the town meeting will be the creation of the Lehigh Valley Film Office. A social hour will be held following the program, from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The event, which is open to the public free of charge, is part of the Visiting Artists Film Series at DeSales, funded by a grant from the Dexter F. and Dorothy H. Baker Foundation.
The town meeting is designed for aspiring and established filmmakers, audio / visual specialists, actors, screenwriters, musicians, members of production companies, media educators, and fans of film. It offers an opportunity for attendees to network among their peers, exchange ideas, discuss issues, and learn about current projects and future plans. The first Lehigh Valley Independent Filmmakers Town Meeting was held in March 2006.
"DeSales' Performing and Fine Arts Department is thrilled to serve as the co-sponsor and host of this unique, one-of-a-kind town hall meeting which brings educational, professional and community filmmakers together," said John Bell, department chairperson. "In particular, the DeSales University TV/Film program is delighted to participate in an event which promises great artistic synergies."
The program will include:
- From 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., registration. Members of the SSFI will accept promotional material for display on information table.
- From 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., meeting opens with production and project announcements that offer opportunity for employment, community involvement, outreach programs, and production cast and crew calls. Attendees can submit announcements for email blasts.
- From 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., members of the SSFI will provide updates on the film community, followed by introductions of the guest panelists, including:
Representatives from Haydenfilms, who will address "New Avenues for Independent Funding and Marketing;" Kathy McAuley, of Lehigh Valley Film Services, who will speak on "Film Office: Its Economic Incentives and Potential;" and David W. Schoner, Jr., production coordinator for the New Jersey Motion Picture and TV Commission.
- From 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., open floor discussion.
- From 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., reception in the lobby.
For more information, contact Dr. Scott Paul, director of the TV/Film program at DeSales University, at 610-282-1100, ext. 1438.
Press Release: Lehigh Valley Independent Filmmakers to Hold Second Town Meeting, Thurs., March 22, at DeSales University | Posted on: 3/19/2007
For more info:
Tom McNamara, Executive Director of Communications
DeSales University | 2255 Station Avenue | Center Valley, PA 18034
610.282.1100 x1219 | Tom.McNamara@desales.edu