DeSales University Offers Catholic Schools Grant
In recognition of the rich educational heritage of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales and their commitment of providing quality, affordable higher education in the Catholic and Salesian traditions, DeSales University will implement the Catholic Schools Grant (CSG), a new grant program for graduates of private, catholic high schools.
Through the CSG, DeSales University will provide grant assistance in the amount of $10,000 over four years ($2,500 per year) to graduates of parochial and private catholic high schools beyond the Allentown Diocese. The awards are in recognition of the financial and spiritual commitment that students and their families make to attend catholic high schools and their recognition of the benefits of investing in a private, catholic higher education.
Currently, DeSales offers grant assistance through the Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) to all graduates of Allentown Diocesan high schools. The program has been expanded in response to increasing enrollments of students beyond the greater Lehigh Valley and to the ability of the University to offer a quality higher education experience that broadens the horizons of young adults both within the Allentown Diocese and beyond.
Eligibility guidelines to receive this grant are as follows:
- First-time students with a high school graduation date after June 1, 2004, or later, who enroll in DeSales University beginning Fall 2004. (Note: This grant program is not retroactive for currently enrolled students receiving a similar grant.)
- The grant is applicable towards DeSales University tuition charges and will not transfer to other institutions or to other family members.
- The grant is provided regardless of financial need.
- Students must apply for admission as full-time day students no later than December 15 of their senior year, in order to be considered for other University grants or scholarships.
- The University reserves the right to consider the benefits of CSG applicable to other scholarships, grants or tuition discounts for which a student may qualify under academic or need-based criteria.
- The grant is applicable to traditional students, as long as they are considered a dependent of their parent(s), and remain full-time day students. (Please note: ACCESS, nontraditional nursing students, or graduate students are not eligible to receive this grant.)
While this type of grant is currently in effect for high school graduates of the Allentown Diocese attending DeSales University, the updated program will enable more students to take advantage of the high quality academic, social, and spiritual experience at the University. Also, it will help ease the financial burden that is placed on families that value their investment of a quality catholic higher education.
For more information on DeSales University and application procedures, please contact the Office of Admissions at 1.877.4DESALES or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press Release: DeSales University Offers Catholic Schools Grant | Posted on: 12/4/2003
For more info:
Tom McNamara, Executive Director of Communications
DeSales University | 2255 Station Avenue | Center Valley, PA 18034
610.282.1100 x1219 | Tom.McNamara@desales.edu