We are proud to offer a number of opportunities for you to enhance your leadership skills, including:
► L.E.A.DSU (Leaders Emerging at DeSales University) applications are available in the Student Engagement and Leadership Office
L.E.A.DSU will accept up to 30 students, so get your application in today and remember this is a FREE leadership program!
- Get application in the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership in McShea
About the L.E.A.DSU program
L.E.A.DSU is a non-credit, year-long certificate program designed to enhance students’ understanding of effective leadership, the role of character and ethics in leadership, and the unique perspective of leadership in the Salesian tradition. The program focuses on leadership theory, leadership skills development, character development, self-awareness, and productive group interaction. The goal of the program is to prepare students to serve as effective, ethical leaders in both their personal and professional lives.
In 2012-2013 students will be able to:
- attend three leadership sessions in the fall based on the character traits: wisdom/knowledge, courage and temperance
- attend three leadership sessions in the spring based on the character traits: honesty, justice and transcendence
- attend a movie presentation on a multicultural subject
- participate in an off campus weekend leadership summit and one day snapshot summit
- attend sessions on developing a resume, cover letter and interviewing skills
- attend an etiquette dinner
- participate in a service project
- participate in an approved leadership position on campus
- attend off campus leadership conferences and experiences at other colleges and universities
- present an individual leadership capstone project to the DeSales University community on their LEADSU experience.
To be eligible, students need to meet the following requirements:
- Freshman or sophomore status at time of application
- Minimum 2.4 cumulative GPA at time of application. Must hold a 2.0 throughout the program
- In good judicial standing with University (i.e. no disciplinary probation)
- Must be willing to acknowledge strengths and shortcomings and be open to personal growth
For more info:
Nick Luchko - Director of Student Engagement and Leadership
610-282-1100 ext 1843.