The Salesian Center for Faith & Culture sponsors an information discussion group for interested faculty & staff at DSU who read a book of contemporary cultural concern and discuss their reviews.
Through a generous endowment, the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture provides the books to be read and a free lunch (yes, there is such a thing!). Participants need only provide their interest and their thoughts.
The group meets three times in the Fall semester and three times in the Spring semester, at six-week intervals. Each meeting takes place on a Tuesday, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM, in the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture.
The Fall 2013 Lunch Bunch participants are:
- Andrea Grube, Asst. Director of Health Center/Health Educator
- Bill Dwyer, Associate Professor - Business Division /Curric. Coordinator-ACCESS
- Donna Mikol, Human Resources Associate
- Deacon George Kelly, Director of Institutional Research
- Greg Kerr, associate professor of Philosophy
- Jim Mahachek, Director of Information Technology - Information Technology
- Kay Malek, Associate Professor and Program Director - Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Lore McFadden Westwood, Events Coordinator - Salesian Center for Faith & Culture
- Maggie Riggins, Director of Campus Ministry
- Mike Gallagher, Assistant Professor - Business Division
- Teresa Manion, Receptionist - Nursing / PA departments
- The following books will be discussed:
September 3, 2013
October 15, 2013
November 26, 2013
How to join the Lunch Bunch:
(1) Review the texts under consideration for the next semester from this ► reading list
(2) Choose three (3) books and prioritize them according to your own interest (#1 being your first choice to read, #2 your second, #3 your last).
(3) Send your priority list via email ► to the Salesian Center and indicate your interest in joining this year's Lunch Bunch and your availability to do so.
(4) The Fall 2013 "bunch" will be selected on July 12, 2013... so get your entries in before then!
Funding for the series is provided through the
"Althea A. Livirrie and Joseph & Rose Livirrie Endowment for Arts & Culture."