Ryan Leadership Institute - Application to Join
Membership in the Salesian Leadership Institute is by invitation only and is ordinarily limited to 15 students each year.
♦ The Faculty/Staff Review Committee of the Salesian Center' for Faith & Culture nominates prospective members
♦ The Oblate members of the SLI Staff evaluate the students' academic achievement (minimum 2.75 GPA required ) and involvement in student activities and generates a list of students to invite.
♦ The Director of the Salesian Center extends the invitation to apply for membership in the institute and conducts interviews with the applicants.
To be selected for membership, students must commit to:
- ♦ Attending two (2) weekend retreats and all ten (10) meetings throughout their Junior year at DSU
- ♦ Participating actively in all activities of the Institute
- ♦ Attending six (6) leadership workshops throughout their Senior year at DSU
- ♦ Serving in a leadership capacity in a recognized student club, team, or organization during the student's Senior year at DSU
- ♦ Engaging in follow-up evaluations at the end of each year of the institute and following graduation from DSU
February consultations for nominations February 17-19 Oblate steering committee selects students to be invited
Director of the Salesian Center extends invitations by email
February 28 final date for student applications to be submitted week of March 9 applicants are interviewed by the Director of the Salesian Center March 16 participants are selected March 17 invitations are extended to select faculty/staff March 31 orientation session for all new participants