Types of Awards:
Scholarships are available in PERFORMANCE (Acting/Directing and Musical Theatre tracks) and TECHNICAL THEATRE.
Awards vary from $1,500 to $5,000 per year (renewable annually)
- 1. Superior Talent.
- 2. Above average academic standing.
- 3. Your application to DeSales University along with your high school transcript should be received by the Admissions Office by December 1, 2012.
- 4. Submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Financial Aid Office prior to February 1, 2013, for consideration of federal, state, or institutional need-based resources.
Audition Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012 & Sunday, January 20, 2013.
Audition Place: Labuda Center for the Performing Arts DeSales University, Center Valley, PA 18034
Audition Time: Please arrive by 12:30 p.m. to receive your audition and interview time slots. (Based on order of arrival.)
- Acting Directing: Total audition time: 3 minutes. Actors: please prepare two contrasting monologues that showcase your strengths. Students interested in the Acting/Directing track who wish to sing should prepare one monologue and one song. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. No a capella singing please.
- Musical: Total audition time: 3 minutes. Prepare one monologue and one song. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. No a capella singing please. Musical theatre candidates who wish to prepare and present a dance selection may do so (an additional minute is allotted).
- Technicians/Designers: may bring examples of artistic or technical work (photos, drawings, etc.).
Other Activities: Lunch (provided). Tours of the campus and the Performing Arts Center. Student-directed projects. Q & A with students and faculty. Mainstage production of A Christmas Story on December 8 at 8:00 p.m. (optional). Meetings with admissions and financial aid personnel may also be scheduled.
Registration: After submitting the Theatre Scholarship Application form, please follow up and send the following:
- Please mail a resume of theatre experience along with one letter of recommendation for a theatre director to:
Theatre Talent Scholarship Auditions
2755 Station Avenue
Center Valley, PA 18034-9568
- Or email a facisimile (PDF) to email@example.com
Deadline: The above materials must be postmarked by December 1, 2012 (for 12/8/12 audition) & January 14, 2013 (for 1/20/13 audition).
For more information call Wayne Turney at 610.282.1100 ext. 1507 or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theatre Scholarship Application