Awards are competitive and vary from $500 to $5,000 renewable annually.
- 1. Proficiency in dance technique, performance, and/or choreography.
- 2. Above average academic standing.
- 3. Your application to DeSales University along with your high school transcript should be received by the Admissions Office by January 1, 2013.
- 4. Submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Financial Aid Office prior to February 1, 2013, for consideration of federal, state, or institutional need-based resources.
Audition Date: Saturday, January 19, 2013
Labuda Center for the Performing Arts Dance Studio and Brisson Dance Studio
Center Valley, Pa.
- 8:30 a.m. registration
- followed by presentation and technique classes
- solo auditions until late afternoon.
- 1. Participate in Ballet and Modern Dance Technique classes.
- 2. Perform a solo in either Ballet, Jazz, Modern, or Tap. 90 seconds maximum.
MUSIC TO BE RECORDED ON CDs or IPOD
- 3. Interview with dance faculty.
Lunch, video viewing, and tours of the campus and performing arts facilities will be available. Meetings with admissions personnel may also be scheduled.
After submitting the Dance Scholarship Application, please follow up and send the following:
- 1. Letter stating interest in dance.
- 2. Résumé.
- 3. One letter of recommendation from dance teacher.
- 4. Recent dance photograph (includes head and body).
Dance Department Scholarship Auditions
2755 Station Avenue
Center Valley, PA 18034
Telephone: (610) 282-1100, Ext. 1663 • Fax: (610) 282-2240 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline January 16, 2013
Required participation from applicants indicated in blue.
- 8:30-8:50 a.m. - Registration- Labuda Center for the Arts- Lobby
- 8:50-9:00 a.m. - Opening Remarks- Labuda Center for the Arts-Mainstage
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. - Admissions, Financial Aid, Department Information Session Labuda Center for the Arts-Mainstage
- 9:15-10:25 a.m. - Ballet Class Audition- Brisson Dance Studio
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. - Dance and TV/Film Presentation- Labuda Center for the Arts
- 10:00 a.m. - Tour of Campus and Residence Halls, Departing from Labuda Center Lobby Tour of Labuda Center
- 10:30-11:30 a.m. - Modern Audition Class- Brisson Dance Studio
- 11:45 a.m. - Solo Performances and Interviews
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch available at University Center
- 1:00 p.m. Tour of Campus and Residence Halls, Departing from University Center
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. - Dance Rap Session- Labuda Center for the Arts Lobby