What is a minor?
A minor is an emphasis in an area of study, in addition to the General Core Requirements and the required courses for the major. The six courses required to complete each of the various minors are listed in the Undergraduate Catalog. A minor can often complement a major and enhance your resume. For more about how you can use a minor to enhance your resume, contact the Director of Career Services and Internships.
How can I declare a minor?
- Consult the Undergraduate Catalog to determine which courses are required for the minor you wish to declare.
- Consult with your advisor in planning your minor courses.
- Complete the six required courses, as outlined in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Fill out the Completion of Minor Form.
- Obtain the required signatures and return the form to the Registrar's Office.
- Your minor will be indicated on your transcript.
May I have more than one minor?
Yes, you may, depending upon the requirements of your major and the number
of additional courses you are able to fit into you schedule or to take during summer
<< Back to Policies and Procedures